- Luxurious glampsite in verdant gardens with Wicklow Mountains views
- A 10-minute drive to Rathwood Maze; Altamont Gardens 15 minutes
- Games room, communal kitchen, and showers in converted farm buildings
The spectacular location is what makes the Old Forge Glamping so very special. Set on a grand estate near Tinahely in County Wicklow, the site overlooks woodlands and offers gorgeous panoramas to the Wicklow Mountains on the horizon.
Hot showers are found within traditional farm buildings and a converted tractor shed reveals a games room with card and pool tables. The old coach house next-door has been lovingly redeveloped as a communal camping kitchen with a stove, oven and hob cooker, dishwasher machine, and everything you need to rustle up meals.
You can also grill up a delicious barbecue (you’ll need to bring charcoal) in the private garden right outside your glamping unit, and inside each one is stylishly designed and well-kitted out for a really comfortable stay. All linen is provided but not towels.
Kids have the freedom to run around safely in the woods and fields, as well as making friends with the sheep, donkeys, and ponies that graze close by – not forgetting the ducks and hens. Groups of friends or family are welcome to meet up in several hang-out areas with different vibes around the place, including a secret bar in the woods.
Some practicalities: there are brochures in the local area in the communal kitchen, which is open from 7 am until 11 pm. Dogs are welcome to join you but please keep them under control at all times when around the livestock.
- No naked flames are allowed inside the hired accommodation units.
- Commercial vehicles (vehicles used for work-related purposes, carrying goods or fare-paying passengers) and sign-written vehicles are not permitted on site.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
- Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.