The Munny Trail
Open year round, the Munny Trail is a beautiful 8km horse riding trail, for all levels with optional jumping fences.
Bring your Horse on Holiday
For the ultimate ‘bring your horse on holiday’ experience, visit the Munny Trail to enjoy riding on the trail for the day and if you feel like staying the night, book accommodation at the Old Forge Glamping. We also offer overnight accommodation for your horses and ponies too.
The riding here on the farm is second to none. All the fences on the Munny Trail are optional and the trail is set out to take in the best of the scenery and surroundings. Enjoy a refreshment after your ride at the famous Crablane pub located just off the Red Trail. Here you can hack your horses to the pub just 10 minutes up the road and enjoy the wonderful hospitality of Johnny Byrne at the Crablane pub!
Munny Trail Pricing:
- To ride one of the trails, it is €25 per adult and €15 per child. This includes all the riding you like on your chosen trail, either the red or yellow trail.
- Please note we do not rent horses, it is strictly a bring your own horse venue.
- Please call us on 087 648 6253 to book a ride or email us here.
Safety on the Munny Trail:
Customer safety and wellbeing are a priority at the Munny Trail and all riders must:
- Wear BHS approved helmets
- Wear BHS approved ack protectors
- Have their own personal accident and public liability insurance cover for up to €2.6million
- For your safety, we don’t allow people to ride alone on the trail
Glampers – Turn Out and Stabling
Paddock Turn out:
If you are glamping with us, it is €50 per horse and €35 per pony to include all the riding you like on your chosen trail & turn out for your horse or pony in one of our walled paddocks.
In addition to this, you can book a stable for your horse or pony overnight, which has a surcharge of €20 (€70 or €55 total) per night per horse/pony. Please notify Belinda separately on 087 648 6253, should you wish to book a stable or email us here. We have six stables on site in total plus several walled garden paddocks
What to bring for your horse?
Water buckets, hay or haylage and hard feed
Riding Club Days – Our Speciality!
We specialise in Riding Club days where you arrive with your club and ride the Red Trail, which takes approximately two hours. We can also provide you with a picnic or pizza or bbq lunch. The cost of the trail and lunch is €45pp. Please contact Belinda on 087 648 6253 to arrange this in advance or email us here.